An API key is a unique identifier that provides access to specific functions and data on the Mapon platform and allows this information to be integrated into other systems, applications, or software.
Creating API key
- Log in to your Mapon account.
- Locate and click on the Settings section in the platform's left toolbar.
- Under API Keys section, select the "Create new API key" function.
- A pop-up window will appear, allowing you to set specific limitations for the API key:
- Available vehicles - choose which vehicles the API key will have access to. If you select limited access, you'll need to specify the vehicles that have access to the key from the provided list;
- Available actions - define what actions the API key can perform. This may include tasks like retrieving location data or accessing vehicle information. If you choose limited access, you'll have to specify the available actions.
- After configuring the limitations, click "Save" to create the API key. Once generated, the API key will be displayed on-screen.
Tip! For comprehensive information on details about available endpoints, please refer to the API usage instructions provided on Mapon platform.